If you love hunting or shooting to the targets, you probably know how important is to have a good bow and because I know that selecting the right one is not easy I will today help you find the best recurve bows, which will make you enjoy in what you love to do.
Nowadays you can find many resources which talk about all kind of bow, but the question is are they really talking the truth and if they have made a research or are they just saying crap. Here my mission is that you a top bow that suit your needs and that you won’t need to buy it again soon. Let me tell you what you will find here. There are available really a lot of different bow of different brands and types so it’s really hard to choose the right one, especially if you are a beginner.
If we take in account also other crappy resources which I mentioned above it’s even harder. In this post you will find which are the best ones which I picked up. You will also find what you should look at when you are choosing your weapon. I have also added my favorite one. There is also a video about some basics how to use a recurve bow if you don’t know or to refresh what you already know and in the end there are also some quick recurve bow reviews of our top pick if you want to take a more in depth look.
Now let’s move on and let me present you right away which are the models which are think are worth to look at. I made this for those who don’t want search and browse all around and for those who want direct info right away. Take a look at this beauties.
You have saw my top ones, so now let’s get forward and let me tell you what you need to watch, before you are going to choose one for you.
What should I watch when choosing?
- When you are choosing a bow you should look at the draw length and weight. You should look if they are adjustable and how much, so they will fit to you or to someone who you are going to give this bow.
- Next thing which is very important is your dominant hand, so you should take a look if the bow is for right handed or left handed people.
- What is also important is the speed of the bow. This also depends for what you will use this bow for. If you are a professional hunter it’s obvious that you are going to look for a faster bow, so it will make more penetration on animals which you are hunting.
- Ok, you decide to buy a recurve bow, so what you should always think in account is that you should buy high quality products, because this will are durable and you could use them for a long time. I know that the price range of this bows may be higher and you might be skeptical should I pay more or less for it, but let me tell you one thing. What if the cheaper one don’t work so smoothly and it’s harder to work with and after a certain time it also start to not work properly and you have to buy a new one. You see the point, in the long run you actually save money, because the top quality bows will serve you for a longer time.
- Next thing at what you should look at when buying is that you should look at the warranty of the product. I bet everyone would love to have a product with long warranty, because than you are save right?
- Another important thing you shouldn’t forget are the hunting arrows. You should always use the good ones or ones that are recommended by the brand who made the bow you bought or you are going to. Arrows are really important and have a big impact, so you really shouldn’t forget on them.
What are they used for and more about this type
Recurve bows are the basic and we can also say traditional bows and they came in different shapes and sizes. It’s called a recurve because it has a recurve on it. What this recurve makes? It shot an arrow faster than just a straight bow. This type of bows are used for Olympics because these are known worldwide. This are also ones which are great for the beginners, because the limbs can be change the poundage of the bow as the beginner improves.
Which is the he hunting beauty that I love and recommend most?
My hunting beauty is the Samick Sage Takedown model. This one is one of the most popular and best recurve bow on the market. There are many satisfied user with positive reviews and high ratings. It’s a top product for what it offers for a good money, so this one is definitely one you could be safe if ordering. I have also found a video about this beauty which talk a little bit more about it and you can also see it in action, take a look at the video below.
Some basics for help
As mentioned in the beginning of the article, here is the video, which will help you to refresh the basics how to use it if you already know or for beginners that they learn the right way.
What are the next steps?
Don’t know what to do next? Well let me help you with that. Now you have got a bit more familiar with this type of bow, at least I hope so because that was my main point. What comes next is that you take action and order one for yourself or either take a look at our reviews below or at our review page for more different models and types of bows.
Here are some of our best recurve bow reviews for you
Samick Sage Takedown
This is a 62’’ bow which has hard maple limbs made of black fiberglass. It has a single tapered knob. You can also separately purchase the limbs to increase or decrease the weight as you need. It has a recommended 29’’ of draw length and recommended brace height 7 ¼ inch and 8 ¼ inch.
This product has a casing aluminum riser which is really strong. It also has strong fiberglass limb which is made of maple. Here is important that this bow can be used just with right hand. Recommended heights of the shooters are up to 6’.
This one has a pre-installed brass bushings for the brass plunger. It also has a stabilizer and Quiver. It has a knob which is single tapered and a metal limb. Limb are made of black fiberglass and hard maple. The recommended brace height are from 7 ¼ inches to 8 ¼ inches.
This one is 62’’ long and has a recommended brace height from 7 ½ inches to 8 inches. It’s smooth as you would like to expect and it comes in 20, 25, 30 and 35 draw weight, so it will suit your needs. Also take in account that this one is also only for right hand.